11. Sınıf İngilizce 4. Ünite Konu Anlatımı Çalışma Kağıdı Test ve Etkinlikler için aşağıdaki içeriklerimize göz atabilirsiniz. 11.sınıf ingilizce konuları, kazanımları, özet konu anlatımı ve worksheeti indirebilirsiniz.
11. Sınıf İngilizce 4. Ünite Konu Anlatımı Çalışma Kağıdı Test ve Etkinlikler
4. TEMA KAZANIMLARI WHAT A LIFE!
THEME 4 WHAT A LIFE !
1. Describing places, people, and events in the past
2. Ordering events
3. Talking about personal experiences in the past
LANGUAGE SKILLS and LEARNING OUTCOMES
E11.4.L1. Students will be able to identify expressions related to ordering past events in a recorded text.
E11.4.L2. Students will be able to put the past events in order in a recorded text/video.
E11.4.P1. Students will be able to practice pronunciation of ed sounds following voiced and unvoiced consonant sounds and following /t/-/d/ sounds.
Eg. Wanted /wɒntɪd/ injured /ɪndʒərd/
E11.4.S1. Students will be able to share their personal experiences in the past.
E11.4.S2. Students will be able to describe places, people and events in the past.
E11.4.R1. Students will be able to order the events in the biography of a famous person/ inventor/ scientist/ celebrity.
E11.4.W1. Students will be able to write an essay about a well-known figure from Turkish history.
11. SINIF İNGİLİZCE 4. ÜNİTE KONU ANLATIMI ÖZETİ
Before he gained his fame in art, Mimar Sinan had built many masterpieces all around the empire.
After I had graduated from high school, I entered the university.
When I went home, she was cooking dinner.
He got married at the age of fifty and had five children.
Before the Independence War started, Turkish people had had a hard life.
Alija Izetbegovic became the first president of the Bosnia-Herzegovina..
THE SIMPLE PAST TENSE
We use the simple past tense
• to talk about states that happened and finished at a specific time in the past.
Last week we were in İstanbul and visited İstanbul Toy Museum with my grandmother.
• to list a series of completed actions in the past. These events follow each other.
I put my mother’s all jewellery in a drawer. Then I went outside to play ‘museum game’ with my friends
First I finished my homework and then I went out to get some fresh air.
• to describe habits which stopped in the past.
She worked part-time after school when she was younger.
Attention: Here it can have the same meaning with “used to”. Therefore, when we are talking about a past habit by using the simple past tense, we usually add expressions such as always, usually, never, when I was a child or when I was younger, etc.
I never walked to school when I was a child. My father always took me to school.
I / He / She / It watched a film yesterday.
We / You / They heard a terrible noise last night.
I / He / She / It didn’t watch a film yesterday.
We / You / They didn’t hear a terrible noise last night.
Did I / he / she / it watch a film yesterday?
Did we / you / they hear a terrible noise last night?
11. SINIF İNGİLİZCE 4. ÜNİTE WORKSHEET ÇALIŞMA KAĞIDI VE ETKİNLİKLER
Exercise 1 : Complete the text with the verbs from the box in the past simple.
have / get / look for / find / happen / be / realise / start
On a summer day in 1986, my younger sister and I, at that time aged 4 and 5, were playing with our dolls. We _________________alone at home because our parents were at work. After I had the idea to give the dolls some hairstyle change, I _____________________ the scissors with great determination. I don’t know how I found them in the end but I remember I cut all the dolls’ hair. We had great fun and liked the result so much that I ________________ to cut my sister’s hair in the same style. She had gorgeous black straight hair. Our parents _________________ my sister with a winter hat on when they came home later. Since it was summer, they thought it was a game of ours at first. However, they __________________ that something was wrong when my sister insisted on wearing it all night. Imagine the surprise they had when they discovered what _____________ They ____________________ a bit angry and mum had to take my sister to a hairdresser’s. Having felt guilty at first, we __________________ a joyful memory to remember. Well, my sister and I can’t remember much of all this but we can imagine how funny it was because we still have the dolls with my ‘stylish haircut’ on.
THE PAST PERFECT TENSE
We use the past perfect tense
• to describe a past action which happened before another past action. We use the past perfect tense for the first
action and the simple past tense for the second action.
By the time I went out at the museum I had felt like a time traveller in the large archives of life.
I had never seen so many animal fossils and plants from all around the world.
Subject +Had+ Verb3
I / He / She / It / We / You / They had slept when the film ended.
Subject +had not (hadn’t) + Verb3
I / He / She / It / We / You / They hadn’t slept when the film ended.
Had +Subject+ Verb3….?
Had I / he / she / it / we / you / they slept when the film ended?
NOTE: We usually use the past perfect tense with the simple past together with these common conjunctions:
WHEN + simple past, past perfect
When our guests came, my mother had already laid the table.
Simple past, BECAUSE + past perfect
I went straight to bed, because I had been really tired
AFTER + past perfect, simple past
After Karen had had her breakfast, she left home for school.
BEFORE + simple past, past perfect
Before the police arrived the crime scene, the thief had run away.
AS SOON AS + past perfect, simple past
As soon as she had opened the door, she went straight to the kitchen and prepared something to eat.
BY THE TIME + simple past, past perfect
By the time the fire brigade arrived, a large part of the building had burnt.
Exercise 2 : Put the verbs into the correct form; past perfect or past simple.
1. A: Was your father at home when you arrived?
B: No, he_______________________ (go) out to meet his old friends.
2. Before they _______________ (buy) a new house, they ____________________(sell) their old one.
3. After I ___________________ (spend) tiring and long hours at work, I ________________(go) straight to
the bathroom to take a warm shower.
4. As soon as Nick ___________________ (hear) happy news, he______________________ (congratulate) me.
5. The policeman __________________ (take) the man to the police station because he_____________________
(rob) the bank.
6. Sheila ___________________ (take) a nap after she __________________ (prepare) something for dinner.
7. We___________________ (be) 10 minutes late when the film__________________________ (start).
8. Last week, I _______________________ (see) one of my school friends. I ________________________ (not/see) him for
years before that.
9. He ____________________(pay) the bills as soon as he._________________________(get) the money from the bank.
10. By the time the ambulance _________________________(arrive), the injured man____________________ (die) of bleeding.
Exercise 3 : Put the verbs into the correct form; past perfect or past simple.
1. After Jason _________________ (spend) his twenty years studying on DNA, he _________________(devote) himself to
2. Fred _____________________ (phone) his wife at work before he ____________________ (leave) for his trip to Paris.
3. Her family _________________ (publish) her last book after she _________________________ (die) in an accident.
4. When she_______________ (come) to the class, the lesson ___________________________ (already / start).
5. By the age of 20, he ___________________(learn) five languages and___________________ (do)better in his work.
6. Before I____________________ (go) to sleep last night, I _______________________(watch) a documentary on space.
7. The man_______________ (make) a great donation to the museum after he ___________________ (complete) his visit.
8. By the time the ambulance ____________________(arrive), passersby ______________________ (help) the injured
students on the school bus.
Exercise 4 : Write the first halves of the sentences using the past perfect and then match the halves.
1. Our parents / know / each other / for six years
2. My best friend / never / be / to Italy
3. Most of our students / never / see / a dinosaur skeleton
4. My sister / never / win / a gold medal
5. After / my mother / learn / the truth
6. As Mary / never/ fly / before
a. she felt better and called everyone to give the news.
b. until she got her best score in the last tournament last year.
c. before they got married in Paris in 1979.
d. she felt very nervous during the flight.
e. before she went there for a language course.
f. by the time we organised a visit to a nature and science museum